Table of Contents
Heard of all the therapeutic characteristics of Siwa’s hot sand baths that can do miracles to those suffering from skin irritation, fertility problems, joints, bones, or muscles pain?
Siwa Oasis Facts: this natural therapy has been used since ancient times to cure such diseases.
Here’s all you need to know…
Gabal Dakrour -Dakrour Mountain- in Siwa
June till end of August, and sometimes till the Feast of Sacrifice (Eid el Adha)
How does it work?
You go into a tent with your doctor who will make sure you do not suffer from any heart condition, and have normal blood pressure.
If you are a female/male you will be escorted by a female/male where you will be asked to completely take off your clothes, put on some clean towels, then head to the sand hole made for you to be buried from neck to toe.
You will stay for 10 to 15 minutes maximum in your sand bath, then will be escorted to your tent where your blood pressure will be measured again. In case it’s high/low, you will be given the necessary natural treatment to keep it within normal range.
You will be offered full body massage and asked not to shower for the whole duration of the treatment -if you cheat the treatment won’t work.
Who/What is it for?
- People suffering from rheumatism, any joint, bone, or muscle problems
- Rheumatoid patients
- Skin problems
Not Suitable for People with
- heart conditions
- serious blood pressure problems
Note that you must book with a reliable person, as this is not suitable for people with heart conditions or serious blood pressure problems
From 3 days to as many as your condition requires
Cost of the Sessions
Around EGP 200 to 280 per session
- pack heavy clothes to wear during the entire time -it’s summer, and freaking hot, yet you must wear heavy clothes at all time of your treatment
- eat light food -which you will be provided with
- do not shower for the whole duration of the treatment -3 days plus
Accommodation Options & Prices
- Campsite or in small rooms located right next to where the hot sand bath is, including 3 days of hot sand baths and food -EGP 350 per person
- A 2 storey flat that accommodates up to 7 people -500 per night per group, someone will cook light food for the entire group -EGP 100 per person
Don’t go to Siwa without mosquito repellent.
- West Delta bus: EGP 280 per 2 ways
- Rent a private bus
- Go to Marsa Matrouh on a 7 hours sleeping train, then find a bus or a minibus to Siwa that should take 3 to 3 and a half hours
- Fly to Marsa Matruh, then take a bus or a minibus to Siwa
I haven’t done it yet, but next summer I will try it with Siwawi.
*These prices are indicative, & are per last summer season’s prices (summer of 2017).
Read also: our 9 reasons to choose Egypt over any other country.
This post contains some affiliate links, by booking through these links, we will get a small commission that will help us maintain this site and make it grow, at no extra cost to you.
We hope you really liked this blog post, as much as we enjoyed putting it together. If you want to ask us any questions, or engage with other people, join our facebook group here.